Nestled in an untouched forested area in the heart of Silver Star Resort, the ‘Cabin Colony’ is the mountain’s first residential development. Predating Silver Star’s current Victorian era building scheme, the Cabin Colony includes charming chalets and cabins, many in classic arch-rafter style, and single family cottages in modified Craftsman Style. Owners love the convenient location and cherish the nostalgic history of the Cabin Colony.
- Type: Single Family Homes, Freehold and Bareland Strata
- Year Established: 1959 – 1980
Lots: 25 (Freehold: 13, Bareland Strata: 12)
- Zoning: R1
- Types of Ownership: Freehold, Strata
- Building Scheme/Theme: Care and preservation of historic characteristics of the neighborhood and natural vegetation.
Utilities & Services: Hydro, Natural Gas, Telecommunications, Shaw Cable, TELUS, Silver Hawk Sewer, Municipal Water
Neighborhood Features: Wildland/urban interface area.
Lots & Homes
- Lot Features: Natural, heavily treed, and relatively steep sloped lots
- Lot Sizes: .11 – .39 Acres (approximate)
Neighbourhood Bylaws & Strata
- In 1991 subdivision plans were finalized creating 23 single family lots and 12 bare land strata lots with shared common property
- Strata Fee Inclusions: Snow Ploughing for Common Areas around Silver Lode Lane
- Suites: Some
- Pets Friendly: Yes
- Parking: Onsite parking, for owner’s current uses. Bare land strata lots accessing Silver Lode Lane are permitted to parallel park in front of their cabins
- Silver Star Mountain Resort Fee: Not applicable
Rental Policy: At owner’s discretion.