Nestled in an untouched forested area in the heart of Silver Star Resort, the ‘Cabin Colony’ is one of the mountain’s first residential developments. Predating Silver Star’s current Victorian-era building scheme, the Cabin Colony includes charming chalets and cabins, many in classic arch-rafter style, and single-family cottages in modified Craftsman Style. Owners love the convenient location and cherish the nostalgic history of the Cabin Colony.
- Type: Single Family Homes, Freehold and Bare-land Strata
- Year Established: 1959 – 1980
- Lots: 25 (Freehold: 13, Bare-land Strata: 12)
- Zoning: Mixed
- Developed: 100%
- Types of Ownership: Freehold, Strata
- Building Scheme/Theme: Care and preservation of historic characteristics of the neighborhood and natural vegetation.
- SERVICES: BC Hydro for electrical, Natural Gas by Fortis BC, Telecommunications by Shaw Cable & TELUS, Silver Hawk Sewer is a private utility billed annually based on number of “pillows” and website, Municipal Water is billed quarterly, property taxes are paid to the Regional District of the North Okanagan.
- Neighborhood Features: Wildland/urban interface area.
Lots & Homes
- Lot Features: Natural, heavily treed, and relatively steep-sloped lots
- Lot Sizes: .11 Acres to .39 Acres
Neighbourhood Bylaws & Strata
- In 1991 subdivision plans were finalized creating 23 single-family lots and 12 bare-land strata lots with shared common property
- Strata Fee Inclusions: Snow Ploughing for Common Areas around Silver Lode Lane
- Suites: Varies according to zoning
- Pets Friendly: Yes
- Parking: Onsite parking, for owner’s current uses. Bare-land strata lots accessing Silver Lode Lane are permitted to parallel park in front of their cabins
Rental Policy: At owner’s discretion.
SSRA – SILVERSTAR RESORT ASSOCIATION
- All owners who rent the properties are obligated to pay the annual rental fees.
- See: https://www.silverstarresortassociation.ca/ and check the FAQ for fee structure.
View Listings in Cabin Colony
No listings currently available in Cabin Colony.